Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Aubrey visits the Man in Red

Each year, a couple of weekends before Christmas Santa gets in his horse drawn carriage and pays a visit to all the kids in Deidra and Bill's neighborhood.  I had a hunch how Aubrey would react to Santa this year.  Call it a mother's intuition.  Needless to say, she was excited to watch Santa come down the court, OK with getting into the carriage and then totally freaked out when Santa tried to talk to her.  It was the first time I really saw Aubrey get embarrassed.  I could see her cheeks turning red and watched her slowly look up to find a safe person to rescue her.  It made me a little sad...because it was the first moment I had as a mother thinking, "She's not so little anymore."  Tear, tear:(  Once I swooped in and got her out of the carriage, she recovered quickly by petting the horse for a bit.  And when Santa got carried away down the court, tears fell from her eyes as she gently said, "Bye Santa.  Bye Horse."

No comments:

Post a Comment